이제 beta 수준으로 접어들었네요... 곧 production 버전이
A new version of MySQL Community Edition 5.0.6-beta Open Source
management system has been released. This version includes support
Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views and many other features. It is
available in source and binary form for a number of platforms from
download pages at http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/ and mirror
Note that not all mirror sites may be up-to-date at this point. If
cannot find this version on a particular mirror, please try again
choose another download site.
This is the third published Beta release in the 5.0 series. All
will now be focused on fixing bugs and stabilizing 5.0 for later
NOTE: This Beta release, as any other pre-production release,
should not be
installed on ``production'' level systems or systems with critical
is good practice to back up your data before installing any new
software. Although MySQL has done its best to ensure a high level
quality, protect your data by making a backup as you would for any
Please refer to our bug database at http://bugs.mysql.com/ for more details
about the individual open and resolved bugs in this version.
Changes in release 5.0.6:
Functionality added or changed:
* INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE: `MyISAM' and `InnoDB' tables created
with `DECIMAL' columns in MySQL 5.0.3 to 5.0.5 will appear
after an upgrade to MySQL 5.0.6. Dump such tables with
`mysqldump' before upgrading, and then reload them after
upgrading. (The same incompatibility will occur for these
created in MySQL 5.0.6 after a downgrade to MySQL 5.0.3 to
(Bug #10465, Bug #10625)
* Added `REFERENCED_TABLE_SCHEMA', `REFERENCED_TABLE_NAME',
`REFERENCED_COLUMN_NAME' columns to the `KEY_COLUMN_USAGE' table
`INFORMATION_SCHEMA'. (Bug #9587)
* Added a `--show-warnings' option to `mysql' to cause warnings
be shown after each statement if there are any. This option
applies to interactive and batch mode. In interactive mode,
and `\W' may be used to enable and disable warning display.
* Removed a limitation that prevented use of FIFOs as logging
targets (such as for the general query log). This
_does not apply_ to the binary log and the relay log. (Bug
* Added a `--debug' option to `my_print_defaults'.
* When the server cannot read a table because it cannot read
`.frm' file, print a message that the table was created with
different version of MySQL. (This can happen if you create
that use new features and then downgrade to an older version
MySQL.) (Bug #10435)
* `SHOW VARIABLES' now shows the `slave_compresed_protocol',
`slave_load_tmpdir' and `slave_skip_errors' system variables.
* Removed unused system variable
* Changed default value of `myisam_data_pointer_size' from 4 to
This allows us to avoid `table is full' errors for most
* The variable `concurrent_insert' now takes 3 values. Setting
to 2 changes MyISAM to do concurrent inserts to end of table
table is in use by another thread.
* New `/*>' prompt for `mysql'. This prompt indicates that a `/*
*/' comment was begun on an earlier line and the closing `*/'
sequence has not yet been seen. (Bug #9186)
* If strict SQL mode is enabled, `VARCHAR' and `VARBINARY'
with a length greater than 65,535 no longer are silently
to `TEXT' or `BLOB' columns. Instead, an error occurs. (Bug
#8295, Bug #8296)
* The `INFORMATION_SCHEMA.SCHEMATA' table now has a
`DEFAULT_COLLATION_NAME' column. (Bug #8998)
* `InnoDB': When the maximum length of `SHOW INNODB STATUS'
would be exceeded, truncate the beginning of the list of
transactions, instead of truncating the end of the output.
* `InnoDB': If `innodb_locks_unsafe_for_binlog' option is set
the isolation level of the transaction is not set to
then `InnoDB' uses a consistent read for select in clauses
`INSERT INTO ... SELECT' and `UPDATE ... (SELECT)' that do
specify `FOR UPDATE' or `IN SHARE MODE'. Thus no locks are set
rows read from selected table.
* Updated version of `libedit' to 2.9. (Bug #2596)
* Removed `mysqlshutdown.exe' and `mysqlwatch.exe' from the
"With Installer" distribution.
* `MERGE' tables could fail on Windows due to incorrect
interpretation of pathname separator characters for filenames
the `.MRG' file. (Bug #10687)
* Fixed a server crash for `INSERT ... ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE'
`MERGE' tables, which do not have unique indexes. (Bug
* Fix `FORMAT()' to do better rounding for double values (for
example, `FORMAT(4.55,1)' returns `4.6', not `4.5'). (Bug
* Disallow use of `SESSION' or `GLOBAL' for user variables or
variables in stored routines. (Bug #9286)
* Fixed a server crash when using `GROUP BY ... WITH ROLLUP' on
indexed column in an `InnoDB' table. (Bug #9798)
* In strict SQL mode, some assignments to numeric columns
should have been rejected were not (such as the result of an
arithmetic expression or an explicit `CAST()' operation).
* `CREATE TABLE t AS SELECT UUID()' created a `VARCHAR(12)'
which is too small to hold the 36-character result from
* Fixed a server crash in the `BLACKHOLE' storage engine.
* Fixed a server crash resulting from repeated calls to `ABS()'
the argument evaluated to `NULL'. (Bug #10599)
* For a user-defined function invoked from within a prepared
statement, the UDF's initialization routine was invoked for
execution of the statement, but the deinitialization routine
not. (It was invoked only when the statement was closed.)
Similarly, when invoking a UDF from within a trigger, the
initialization routine was invoked but the deinitialization
routine was not. For UDFs that have an expensive deinit
(such as `myperl', this bugfix will have negative performance
consequences. (Bug #9913)
* Portability fix for Cygwin: Don't use `#pragma interface' in
files. (Bug #10241)
* Fix `CREATE TABLE ... LIKE' to work when
is set on a case-sensitive filesystem and the source table name
not given in lowercase. (Bug #9761)
* Fixed a server crash resulting from a `CHECK TABLE'
where the arguments were a view name followed by a table
* Within a stored procedure, attempting to update a view defined
an inner join failed with a `Table 'TBL_NAME' was locked with
READ lock and can't be updated' error. (Bug #9481)
* Fixed a problem with `INFORMATION_SCHEMA' tables being
depending on lettercase used to refer to them. (Bug #10018)
* `my_print_defaults' was ignoring the
option or crashing when the option was given. (Bug #9136, Bug
* The `INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS' table was missing columns
views for which the user has access. (Bug #9838)
* Fixed a `mysqldump' crash that occurred with the
`--complete-insert' option when dumping tables with a large
of long column names. (Bug #10286)
* Corrected a problem where `DEFAULT' values where not
properly to `BIT(1)' or `CHAR(1)' columns if certain other
preceded them in the table definition. (Bug #10179)
* For `MERGE' tables, avoid writing absolute pathnames in the
file for the names of the constituent `MyISAM' tables so that
the data directory is moved, `MERGE' tables will not break.
`mysqld', write just the `MyISAM' table name if it is in the
database as the `MERGE' table, and a path relative to the
directory otherwise. For the embedded servers, absolute
may still be used. (Bug #5964)
* Corrected a problem resolving outer column references in
correlated subqueries when using the prepared statements.
* Corrected the error message for exceeding the
`MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR' limit to say
instead of `max_connections'. (Bug #9947)
* Fixed incorrect memory block allocation for the query cache in
embedded server. (Bug #9549)
* Corrected an inability to select from a view within a
procedure. (Bug #9758)
* Fixed a server crash resulting from use of `AVG(DISTINCT)'
`GROUP BY ... WITH ROLLUP'. (Bug #9799)
* Fixed a server crash resulting from use of `DISTINCT AVG()'
`GROUP BY ... WITH ROLLUP'. (Bug #9800)
* Fixed a server crash resulting from use of a `CHAR' or
column with `MIN()' or `MAX()' and `GROUP BY ... WITH
* Fixed a server crash resulting from use of `SELECT DISTINCT' with
prepared statement that uses a cursor. (Bug #9520)
* Fixed server crash resulting from multiple calls to stored
procedure that assigned result of subquery to a variable or
compared it to a value with `IN'. (Bug #5963)
* Selecting from a single-table view defined on multiple-table
caused a server crash. (Bug #8528)
* If the file named by a `--defaults-extra-file' option does
exist or is otherwise inaccessible, an error now occurs. (Bug
* `net_read_timeout' and `net_write_timeout' were not being
on Windows. (Bug #9721)
* `SELECT' from `INFORMATION_SCHEMA' tables failed if the
has a `GROUP BY' clause and an aggregate function in the
list. (Bug #9404)
* Corrected some failures of prepared statements for SQL
plus `EXECUTE') to return all rows for some `SELECT'
(Bug #9096, Bug #9777)
* Remove extra slashes in `--tmpdir' value (for example,
`/var//tmp' to `/var/tmp', because they caused various
* Added `Create_routine_priv', `Alter_routine_priv', and
`Execute_priv' privileges to the `mysql.host' privilege
(They had been added to `mysql.db' in MySQL 5.0.3 but not to
`host' table.) (Bug #8166)
* Fixed `configure' to properly recognize whether NTPL is
on Linux. (Bug #2173)
* Incomplete results were returned from
for `INFORMATION_SCHEMA' tables for non-`root' users. (Bug
* Fixed a portability problem in compiling `mysql.cc' with `VC++'
Windows. (Bug #10245)
* `SELECT 0/0' returned `0' rather than `NULL'. (Bug #10404)
* `MAX()' for an `INT UNSIGNED' (unsigned 4-byte integer)
could return negative values if the column contained values
than 2^31. (Bug #9298)
* `SHOW CREATE VIEW' got confused and could not find the view
there was a temporary table with the same name as the view.
* Fixed a deadlock resulting from use of `FLUSH TABLES WITH
LOCK' while an `INSERT DELAYED' statement is in progress.
* The optimizer was choosing suboptimal execution plans for
outer joins where the right table of a left join (or left table
a right join) had both `ON' and `WHERE' conditions. (Bug
* `RENAME TABLE' for an `ARCHIVE' table failed if the `.arn'
was not present. (Bug #9911)
* Invoking a stored function that executed a `SHOW' statement
resulted in a server crash. (Bug #8408)
* Fixed problems with static variables and do not link with
`libsupc++' to allow building on FreeBSD 5.3. (Bug #9714)
* Fixed some `awk' script portability problems in
`cmd-line-utils/libedit/makelist.sh'. (Bug #9954)
* Fixed a problem with mishandling of `NULL' key parts in
indexes on `VARCHAR' columns, resulting in incorrect query
results. (Bug #9489, Bug #10176)
Matt Wagner, Production Engineer
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com
Northfield, MN, USA