PostgreSQLDirect .NET provides functionality for connecting to
PostgreSQL database, executing commands, and retrieving results.
Those results can be processed directly, or placed in an ADO.NET
DataSet for further processing while in a disconnected state. While
in the DataSet, data can be exposed to the user, combined with
other data from multiple sources, or passed remotely between tiers.
Any processing performed on the data while in the DataSet can then
be reconciled to PostgreSQL database.
PostgreSQLDirect .NET data provider is designed to be
lightweight. It consists of a minimal layer between PostgreSQL
database and your code. This extends functionality without
There are core objects that make up PostgreSQLDirect .NET data
provider. Following is the description of those objects and their
- PgSqlConnection - Establishes a
connection to PostgreSQL database and can begin a
- PgSqlCommand - Executes a SQL
statements at PostgreSQL database, and exposes parameters.
- PgSqlDataReader - Exposes and reads
a forward-only stream of data from PostgreSQL database.
- PgSqlDataAdapter - Populates a
DataSet and resolves updates with PostgreSQL database.
- PgSqlTransaction - Enables you to
enlist commands in transactions at PostgreSQL database.
- PgSqlParameter - Defines input,
output, and return value parameters for commands.
- PgSqlException - Returned when an
error is encountered at PostgreSQL database. For an error
encountered at the client, PostgreSQLDirect .NET data provider
throws a .NET Framework exception.
Along with the core classes listed in the preceding table,
PostgreSQLDirect .NET data provider also contains the classes
extending its base functionality and allowing to accomplish
- PgSqlCommandBuilder - A helper
object that will automatically generate command properties of
PgSqlDataAdapter and populate the PgSqlParameters collection of
- PgSqlScript - Serves to execute
series of SQL statements separated by special symbols.
- PgSqlLoader - Serves to load
external data into the PostgreSQL database.
- PgSqlDump - Serves to store a
database or its parts as a script and also to restore database
from the received script.
- PgSqlMonitor - Allows to monitor
dynamic SQL execution in applications that use PostgreSQLDirect
Following the main features of the PostgreSQL .NET Data Provider.
- Direct access to PostgreSQL server
- Doesn't require PostgreSQL client library and uses PostgreSQL
- 100% managed code
- High performance
- Easy to deploy
- Supports the latest versions of PostgreSQL server
- All PostgreSQL data types support
- Compact Framework support
- Connection pooling feature
- Fill DataSet with multiple query
- PgSqlScript component to execute scripts
- PgSqlLoader component for fast loading data
- Named parameters support
- Ability of monitoring query execution by DBMonitor
- Advanced design-time editors
- Easy migration from ODBC and OLE DB .NET Data Providers with
- Help integrated into Visual Studio .NET
- Free support for registered users
- Licensed per a developer without royalty fee
Prior to running Setup to install the PostgreSQLDirect .NET, you
must already have the .NET Framework 1.0 or 1.1 installed on the
computer. If the .NET Framework is not installed, the Setup program
for the provider will fail.
Also the PostgreSQLDirect .NET Data Provider doesn't require any
PostgreSQL client software.
PostgreSQLDirect .NET supports PostgreSQL server since 7.1
version to 7.4. The provider works both with .NET Framework 1.0,
1.1 and .NET Compact Framework, and can be used with Visual
Studio .NET 2003, Visual Studio .NET 2002, Borland Delphi 8 and
Borland C#Builder 1.0.
PostgreSQLDirect .NET can be used together with UniDirect
.NET data provider that provides universal access to different
databases within a single code.
소스 : http://crlab.com/pgsqlnet/index.html