EMS Extraction utility 2.0 released
Posted on 2005-08-01
Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org
EMS PostgreSQL Extract 2.0 utility is now available online
. You can download it from the
What is EMS PostgreSQL Extract?
EMS Extract is a powerful and easy-to-use utility for creating
database backups in a form of SQL scripts. It allows you to
save metadata of all database objects as well as table data.
With flexible customization of the extract process you can
select objects and data tables for extract and tune many other
extract options. EMS Extract includes a graphical wizard,
guiding you through the extract process step by step, and a
command-line service for creating backups in one-touch.
What's new in EMS PostgreSQL Extract 2.0?
- Completely rewritten source code
- More user-friendly wizard interface
- Now it's become much more convenient to select objects for
extraction. Implemented ability for multi-level grouping of
objects by owners, schemas, databases, etc. Now you can select
groups and separate records by drag-and-drop.
- Additional extract options implemented.
- Added ability to define constraints on extracted table
- Possibility to insert statements for emptying tables before
inserting extracted data
- Now it's possible to add current date to file and archive
names; added possibility of saving to folder with current
- Implemented ability to add tasks to Windows Scheduled Task
Manager (for Windows NT/2000/XP).
- Added multi-language support and visual settings.