CASE Studio 2 Database Design Tool Supporting PostgreSQL
Database Introduces New Autolayout Feature
Posted on 2005-10-06
Posted by email@example.com
The Development of this flagship product of Charonware, s.r.o. ?
CASE Studio 2 - is still going along. For the new version,
Charonware has come up with more than twenty enhancements and
introduces new features like full support for MySQL 5.0 database,
new autolayout function and much more.
PostgreSQL Specific enhancements include the following:
PostgreSQL 8 - Reverse engineering
* Loading of check constraints corrected (in columns and
* Up-to-date check constraints are being loaded now.
* Possibility to generate "dollar quotations" in bodies of
functions. To the Reverse engineering dialog, a new checkbox "Use
dollar quoting ($BODY$) in functions bodies" has been added. It
allows you to close the body of the fuction between strings
$BODY$ instead of the apostrophe '.
* When functions are being loaded, names of arguments, their
types, and names of return types are closed in quotations.
* Loading of operation class for indexes corrected. (The problem
occured when the type of column, used in index, was a
* Columns for indexes, Unique constraints and Primary keys are
loaded in the correct order now.
* The form of Create Function created during RE has been
modified. (The form has been adjusted to statements of help files
or of the pgAdmin program.)
PostgreSQL 8 - Script Generating
* Names of check constraints in domains are now (subject to
certain conditions) closed in quotations.
PostgreSQL 7.4, PostgreSQL 7.3
* If referential integrity is set up as NONE, foreign key will be
generated, however without specifications "on delete" and "on
update". This is defined as default integrity NO ACTION. Note: In
previous versions, foreign key was not generated in spite of the
NONE setting. Now if you do not need to generate some of the
relationships, please uncheck the Generate checkbox for the
appropriate relationship (do not use the NONE integrity for this
PostgreSQL 8, PostgreSQL 7.4, PostgreSQL 7.3
* Referential integrity "no action" is now being loaded as
referential integrity "none" during RE(previously it was loaded
* Problem with UNNAMED relationships with more attributes during
RE solved. (The error might have occured only in PostgreSQL 7.4
* Generation of NotNull/Null in the "Create domain" sentence
"CASE Studio 2 is particularly focused on visual creation and
maintenance of Entity Relationship diagrams, reverse engineering
of already existing database structures, automatic generation of
SQL scripts, generation of detailed HTML and RTF reports etc.
Except these main features, we want to offer our customers new,
more comfortable and efficient solutions to their
database-related tasks and also want to keep up with trends. We
do hope that our customers will appreciate improvements of the
new version," concludes Vaclav Frolik.
CASE Studio 2 Free Trial version 2.21 is available at:
CHARONWARE, s. r. o. is a privately held company established in
2000 in Ostrava in the Czech Republic (European Union). It
specializes in developing database modeling tools along with
respecting principles of the Computer Aided Software Engineering
(CASE). Its aim is to make software products that would be
beneficial for database designers, developers and all who want to
accomplish their database-related tasks with greater productivity
and higher quality.
CHARONWARE, s. r. o.
visit our website:
fax: 00420 596 723 852