This redbook is intended for systems and network administrators, support personnel and consultants who are faced with today's directory management challenges.
This book explains directory and LDAP concepts, and deals with some basic and advanced LDAP tasks, such as referrals and schema extensibility. We demonstrate ways to tackle these issues by taking a scenario-based approach, using some leading directory products available: the IBM SecureWay Directory, Lotus Domino, and Microsoft's Active Directory.
This redbook will help you if:
- You have an LDAP Directory and you are looking to implement an Enterprise Directory.
- You have Active Directory and you looking to implement, integrate or move to the IBM SecureWay Directory.
- You have Lotus Domino and you want to leverage Domino's directory as a base for populating other directories.
- You have an Enterprise Directory and you are looking to add Active Directory to your environment.
- You want to exchange, replicate or synchronize data between the IBM SecureWay Directory and Active Directory.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 . Introduction of the components
Chapter 2. Scenario1: Integrating SecureWay with Active Directory
Chapter 3. Scenario2: Adding Domino
Chapter 4. Scenario3: Integrating LDAP Server with Active Directory
Chapter 5. Scenario4: Extending schemas and synchronizing data
Chapter 6. Conclusions
Chapter 7. Future
Appendix A. The RootDSE
Appendix B. Client tools
Appendix C. Setting up MMC consoles
Appendix D. Standards
Appendix E. X.500 object identifiers (OIDs)
Appendix F. OS/390 samples
Appendix G. How Kerberos works
Appendix H. Modifying the Domino schema
Appendix I. X.509 certificates
Appendix J. LDAP utilities